Saturday, March 24, 2012


Hello everyone!
Today's card is one that I made for a friend who recently lost
her brother-in-law.  
I used one of the new Cuttlebug folders and embossed the dark blue
card stock and the white card stock.  Then I trimmed the dark
blue using the lines of the embossing as my guide.  
I glued the dark blue on top of the of the white and
once again using the embossing as a guide trimmed it to create
the window effect.  I inked the edges of the window frame.
I stamped the cross and sentiment on a separate 
piece of card stock and trimmed it to fit behind the window. 

I then layered the pieces on the card base and it was time
to embellish.  I created two tiny tassels from black
embroidery floss.  I attach the tassels with double- 
sided adhesive and added black half pearls.

I kept this card rather simple because of the purpose.
I included a verse on the back of the front panel
and added a folded piece of blue parchment card stock
to allow space for many people to add their thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by.  As always, I appreciate your support.

Hugs,
Gail

2 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and beautiful! I love all the details you added to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely very elegant and beautiful! A lot of love in this card.

    ReplyDelete