Thursday, March 22, 2012



Hi Everyone!

Sorry I missed yesterday but I was exhausted.
I am in love with using punches to make flowers.
I love this little poppy.
Below are the materials I used to make the flower.
I used the Stampin'Up oval and cut a folded piece of light weight
cardstock.  I didn't insert the paper all the way in and just cut
less than half the oval.  I then snipped off the top with 
deckle edge scissors.  I inked both sides of each piece with Colorbok
Cat Eye Chalk in Bisque.
I used the RoseArt colored pencils to add additional color to each petal.
I then used a variety of embossing tools to form the petals using the 
PushPad under the card stock.  I used paper glue to 
adhere the petals together and form the flower.
After that I cut a thin strip of CoreDinations card stock and
wrapped it around a chop stick and then rolled it between
my fingers to create the stock.
I also used two pieces of folded card stock and
cut in the shape of a long thin leaf.
Finally, I cut a small circle out of the black card stock
and shaped it into a small bowl shape and glued in in the center.
The last step was taking a long strip of black and making 
thin cuts.  I rolled it and glued it around the domed disc.

I will try to make a tutorial one of these days.

Hugs,
Gail 

2 comments: