Sunday, March 18, 2012



I was given a bag full of zippers and didn't know what to do with them.
I knew that zippers were big right now in fashion and I had seen them in scrapbooking.
I did some looking around on YouTube for zipper flowers and got some ideas.
Today, I played around with some of the zippers.
One the blue ones I used a piece of thin wire and ran a gathering stitch
along the binding edge of the zipper and then gathered the zipper and rolled
it to create the flowers.
The pink one is all hot glued together.
The lavender flowers are hot glued and stitched.

I think they would look cute on cards or with a pin-back attached for a broach. 
I could also see them hot glued to a headband.

Thanks for stopping by,
Gail

5 comments:

  1. These are great! You need to do a tutorial on how you did the lavender ones, they are so cute!

    RED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. When I get a little more familiar with all this stuff I will try that.

    Hugs,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe!!! I would love to do this. where to find cheap zippers???hummmm... These are great. Yes please let us know how you did them. You did amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail I never noticed that the stem were made with the zippers too. I love these.

    ReplyDelete