Tuesday, March 20, 2012


Hello!
I haven't put a sentiment on this card yet because I'm not sure what I want to use it for.
So you might ask, "Well why did she post it them?"
It's because I wanted to show you the cute little find I found when I moved my studio.
The three lacy doilies you see are actually pieces of a plastic coaster I think I bought
at our of those $ stores.  I cut it apart and colored in the flowers with my Spectrum Noir
alcohol markers.  The colors in the photo are not great but, in person, I layered the doily
pieces over a sky blue parchment card stock and then layered that on a dark blue card stock.
I also used a metallic gold ribbon I found in my stash.

Here's a tip.  When you have a scrap of ribbon leftover from a project, 
go ahead and tie it into a bow.  That way when you are in a hurry and need
a card you can pick one out quickly.
This is also a great tip for those of you who don't like the way your bows come out
give this a shot.  This is a video by Velita.  She makes this very cute strawberry card but,
her trick for tying the ribbon is quick and super simple. 
 It is only about six minutes long and well worth watching all the way through.

I got several new toys today and can't wait to play with them and share some new creations.

Hugs,
Gail

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I need to spend more time in the dollar store looking around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this one Gail! This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love having cards I made with no sentiments on them, so I will always have one handy in case I need one ASAP.

    Too pretty not to share

    ReplyDelete